The holiday villa
This blissful holiday home is newly built in the beginning of 2017 in Carinthia – where summers are always sunny and winter always brings snow! – and has been decorated with a lot of care.
Come on and enjoy our luxurious and comfortable 6-person holiday home. It has two bathrooms and three bedrooms with comfortable box spring beds.
Renting our holiday villa for only two persons is no problem at all, in fact, we will even give you a 20% discount off the basic rental fee! If you rent only for two, we will prepare one bedroom and one bathroom for you.
This offer applies only in ther periods april to june and september to november (except regular holidays).
OUR LUXURIOUS VILLA IS EQUIPPED TO SUIT ANYONE’S WISHES:
|4||commode en kinderstoel||Dresser and highchair||Kommode und Kinderstuhl||✔|
The holiday villa lies snugly in the center of Kötschach-Mauthen, in Carinthia, Austria, and many activities and facilities are in walking distance: wonderful indoor and outdoor swimming paradise Aquarena (with a gorgeous mountain view!) and gravel tennis courts.
In town, you will find several supermarkets for your daily groceries, a couple of fine bakeries, local shops and a number of restaurants that will give you an appetite! A pharmacy, doctor’s post and railway station are also available.
The skiing slopes lie directly adjourning the holiday villa, and are ideally suited for beginners and small children. More challenging skiing facilities are very close by, such as Nassfeld, Hochstein and Zettersfeld.
And don’t forget your ice skates! The Weissensee is quite nearby, and the annual scene for the “alternative Elfstedentoch” (a traditional replacement race for the famous Dutch 200 kilometer “Elfstedentocht” skating race, which requires more ice than the Dutch usually get. The Weissensee is also a lot of fun to visit in the summer.
Kötschach-Mauthen lies in the beautiful Gailtal (Gail valley), the Gail river twists and turns through the village. The river is a great source of amusement! Barbecueing by the river bed is a tremendous amount of fun, and allowed, as long as you clean up properly after yourself. Of course you can also go rafting (in summer, several tours a week are organized from Kötschach-Mauthen) or horseriding along the river banks.
The town also functions as a nice hub to several interesting villages and towns in the vicinity. Why not go cycling to Villach along the Gail river banks and return by train!
Carinthia is the southernmost state in Austria. It is a perfect region for holidays because in winter almost always brings snow, and summer is very sunny, with very nice temperatures because of the Mediterranean climate.
- At Bauernhofs, treat yourself to a Haus Jause – this is an inbetween meal with a large choice of cheeses/hams/bread and assorted delicacies from the area and the farm itself.
- Delikat Genusshandwerk (restaurant on Kotschach Mauthen’s main street, highly recommendable. Open between 10AM and 7PM, also perfect for take out food).
- Bergrestaurant Odenhutte.
- Restaurant Engel (adjacent to the church).
- Restaurant Reiter (a little beyond the Spar supermarket).
- Restaurant Erlenhof (right across the Gail river).
- Villach – Nice town around an hour’s drive from Villa Sonnata. Villach is especially pleasant to visit in summer, when the streets are littered with terraces to relax and have a drink or a bite to eat. Taking a boat out on the Drau river is also highly recommended! Interesting shops, good restaurants and parking is very well arranged.
- Klagenfurt – a 90 minute drive.
- Lienz – Lienz is a short hour by car from Villa Sonnata. It has so much sunshine, even palm trees find a foothold here. Lienz is full of surprises, an absolute must to visit!
Tobogganing, a climbing park, paragliding, a beautiful town with lovely shops and terraces, Schloss Bruck.
For the best italian ice cream in town, go to Il Gelato (Messinggasse 6), recognizable from afar by the giant colorful ice cone on the patio. Looking for the best cappuccino? Drop by Mocafé (Kärtnerstrasse 10) for a lovely hand-roasted cup.
- Tarvisio – Italy – a 60 minute drive.
You will find more detailed information in a folder in our holiday villa Sonnata.
- Groppensteinschlucht, Obervellach.
In August 2017 we walked the Groppensteinschlucht trail, together with our children aged from 10 to 17. What a beautiful day we had!
Just pack some water and sandwiches and start walking!
Entrance is free with the Carinthia Card.
- Greifenbrug makes for brilliant climbing! It’s fantastic for all ages, as there are three levels. We visited this kletterpark in August of 2017, and combined it with a visit to the Badesee. This is quite necessary to flush your sweat droplets ;-D.
The climbing park and the Badesee lie together. At the Badesee, you can change into some comfortable clothes, and visit the restaurant.
Access is free with the Carinthia Card.
- Schloss Bruck looms on a hill on the edge of the city of Lienz.
Built in the mid-13th century, the renovation of this impressive castle was completed in 2016.
The castle was built on behalf of the counts of Gorizia and was inhabited by an impressive line of nobility. After the death of the last count, the castle passed into the hands of the city of Lienz.
There are all sorts of varied exhibitions, you can visit the edifice itself, and stop for a drink and a nice meal. Worth a visit! The castle is also a good starting point for a walk.
- Nassfeld – a 40 minute drive.
Nassfeld is a modern skiing area, and among the top 10 in Austria.
- The Presseggersee is surrounded by mountains and woods. In summer, it is at least 20 degrees Celsius.
The place to relax, swim, sunbathe, snorkel, etc. For a small fee, sunbathing beds can be let, as well as standup paddling, water bycycles, etc, etc. Food and drinks are available everywhere.
If you have smaller children, don’t forget to visit the Kärtner Erlebnispark, success guaranteed!
- 18-hole golf course “Gailtal Golf Kärnten” – 15 minute drive.
- Gailtal Bauer – a Gailtal farmer.
A-9632 Kirchbach 195.
- NTC Outdoorpark – an outdoors spectacle! Abseiling, climbing, swinging through the trees, etc.
Sonnenalpe Nassfeld 8, Hermagor 9620.
- Summer toboggan run Nassfeld.
This is the longest toboggan run in all of Carinthia.
- Kärtner Erlebnispark.
On the shores of the Presseggersee.
Pricing and availability
Rental prices are by the week (from Saturday 4PM until Saturday 10AM)
- Select the first day of your desired dates (always a Saturday ) on the calendar
- Select the last full day of your desired dates (always a Friday) on the calendar
- Check-in is Saturday 4PM, check-out is Saturday 10AM
- Other check-in/check-out days are possible. To confer, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill out the form below the calendar and send it